Pete's Book, YouTube Videos and Blog

Hi everyone! I’m Pete Warden, a software engineer at Google working on TensorFlow Lite Micro, our open source project for TinyML. I’ve made some videos and blog posts that might be useful for people new to this area, so I wanted to share a few links:

• Quantization - A deep dive into one of the most important ways to shrink a model to help deploy it on a device.

I hope some of these are useful. I’m looking forward to learning from the community here, and answering any questions I can!

11 Likes

One thing I love about Pete is that he is always so humble! To the folks who are new here, Pete is one of the reasons many of us are here. He wrote the TinyML book with Daniel Situnayake, who is also awesome!

Both of them have been instrumental in helping raise awareness around the topic and drumming up support in anyway possible, one tiny bit at a time :wink: So a big shout out to them. Also want to say that both of them are big supporters of making tinyml resources for learning and development broadly accessible to everyone.

It is great to have you here Pete, and we look forward to roping in Daniel! :slight_smile:

@petewarden if you’ve got any words of wisdom to share about “Getting Started” in TinyML, what would they be? Imagine a passionate enthusiast who wants to get started, but doesn’t know where/how to begin.

Cheers!

4 Likes

Thanks @vjreddi, you’re very kind!

if you’ve got any words of wisdom to share about “Getting Started” in TinyML, what would they be? Imagine a passionate enthusiast who wants to get started, but doesn’t know where/how to begin.

I would pick up one of the examples, get it up and running, and then use your imagination to think of ways you could use it in your life or work. For example, maybe you can train a voice interface for words you care about, or in your local language? Or recognize cars or animals instead of people?

I (and I bet the rest of the community) would love to hear about your projects, and we’re here to offer advice and encouragement, so I can’t wait to see what people build!

3 Likes

Hi Pete,
I bought your book and I love it. It’s a great companion book for the class. Thanks for writing it. It’s well written and really helpful.

Pete T.

2 Likes